Retex and Yek

maso

Everytime on Wester v7 on godmode we go yek. Its near impossible to win if you don't use retex, and if u do use retex its still hard to win because of the flash at the end of yek. the past week, there has been 3 solo wins on wester v7, all 3 times they yek holy. Im not calling people out for using retex, but i am suspicious becus i know how tempting retex can be when it gives such a large advantage. It is time to start: Punishing people who yek on wester v7 and stop people using retex. Retex is extremely unfair and should be considered cheating. It is no different to change dust2 walls to a transparent materials so that u can see people thru them. It involves changing game files, which could easily be stopped using sv_pure. This will kick players using retex until they join with original hl2 textures in their css files.
In failer's original retex guide, posted close to 2 years ago, he even gives a BIG THANKS the creator of lasershacks, saying that he MOTIVATED him to making retex. Retex could be classed as weaker form of laser hack. 
I know that this has been discussed on UNLOZE as well about changing sv_pure to stop retex, but i dont know if they went thru with it.

Only looking for admin opinion on this, and more specifically Hobbiten and Rushaway

• Like 3
  • Homiekiss 1

• Management
1 hour ago, maso said:

Everytime on Wester v7 on godmode we go yek. Its near impossible to win if you don't use retex, and if u do use retex its still hard to win because of the flash at the end of yek. the past week, there has been 3 solo wins on wester v7, all 3 times they yek holy. Im not calling people out for using retex, but i am suspicious becus i know how tempting retex can be when it gives such a large advantage. It is time to start: Punishing people who yek on wester v7 and stop people using retex. Retex is extremely unfair and should be considered cheating. It is no different to change dust2 walls to a transparent materials so that u can see people thru them. It involves changing game files, which could easily be stopped using sv_pure. This will kick players using retex until they join with original hl2 textures in their css files.
In failer's original retex guide, posted close to 2 years ago, he even gives a BIG THANKS the creator of lasershacks, saying that he MOTIVATED him to making retex. Retex could be classed as weaker form of laser hack. 
I know that this has been discussed on UNLOZE as well about changing sv_pure to stop retex, but i dont know if they went thru with it.

Only looking for admin opinion on this, and more specifically Hobbiten and Rushaway

Hi maso.

If they change the texture of materials to win is not a great way to win. I didn't know it was called retex. However, I'll bring it up with rushaway and other high-ups to discuss it.

Thanks for bringing up the discussion as I myself wasn't aware of this.

• Thanks 1
  • Super 1