Game shuts down

iDope - Top-G

Whenever I play at NIDE ZE after several minutes of playing the game shuts down without any error message. The game lags and you can no longer hear the other players speak and suddenly it crashes. There is no problem with other Servers. I heard from other players aswell with the same problem. It all started couple weeks ago. Is it a known problem? I don't think that there is a problem with my brand new MSI gaming laptop. 

Thanks in advance

With kind regards

iDope

• Management

If I may do you play only specific maps on our server and since its new have you checked if your running the newest drivers since i know MSI usually runs geforce graphic cards perhaps theres a game driver update for it since its new.

Otherwise we are looking into it but we dont know much yet

• 3 weeks later...

I copied the Messages in my Console. I get flooded with those messages (5-10 per second) and at the end it shuts down. Doesn't matter which map. It generelly lasts 2-5 min. If I type !stopsound it lasts a bit longer for about 10 min. If I play in an other Server like Unloze it does not crash. I still get theese messages in other servers but not that much.

ce_idle8.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle8.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle8.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle8.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle5.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle5.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle5.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle5.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle4.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle4.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle4.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle4.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\pain\zombie_pain2.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\pain\zombie_pain2.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\pain\zombie_pain2.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\pain\zombie_pain2.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\pain\zombie_pain5.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\pain\zombie_pain5.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\pain\zombie_pain5.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\pain\zombie_pain5.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle8.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle11.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle11.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle11.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle11.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle14.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle14.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle14.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle14.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle9.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle9.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle9.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle9.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle3.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voi

Edited by iDope - Top-G

• 1 month later...

This is actually a real issue for new players in the server. New players are missing audio files for the zombies causing this spam in the console, especially in defend situations where everyone is spamming the zombies. In maps where there is no zombie defense spamming you might avoid this entirely. In other maps with lots of defense, you will crash 100%. You can notice RAM usage increase sharply for few seconds before this (Like almost a gig per second).

And no, players cannot fix this. I've tried removing all downloaded assets and download them again. Same for sound.cache files. Also tried verify integrity. Problem is in the server not sending those audio files to the client in the first place. Or, the files are possibly corrupt on the server? So old players who have working files can play normally, while new players can't.

Ples fix if you want any new players to be able to play on your server. Or give us a zip package to download all used assets.

Edited by joe
  • Sad 1

• Management

sounds.zipDownload this and place it inside your cstrike/download/sound

And remember to have your game closed. This is my sounds and they work fine I had already one guy I had solved it with and it worked fine for him afterwards.

@ joe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Management
On 12/28/2022 at 8:13 PM, iDope - Top-G said:

I copied the Messages in my Console. I get flooded with those messages (5-10 per second) and at the end it shuts down. Doesn't matter which map. It generelly lasts 2-5 min. If I type !stopsound it lasts a bit longer for about 10 min. If I play in an other Server like Unloze it does not crash. I still get theese messages in other servers but not that much.

ce_idle8.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle4.mp3'.
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\pain\zombie_pain2.mp3'.
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\pain\zombie_pain5.mp3'.
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle11.mp3'.
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle14.mp3'.
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle9.mp3'.
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ zr\moan\zombie_voice_idle3.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ zr\moan\zombie_voi

@ iDope - Top-G
Use this sorry for very late response...

1 minute ago, Hobbitten said:

And remember to have your game closed. This is my sounds and they work fine I had already one guy I had solved it with and it worked fine for him afterwards.

@ joe

• Super 1

5 hours ago, Hobbitten said:

@ joe

Thanks. Most of the spam is gone with that and I don't think it will crash any longer due to it. There's still more audio packages missing which I marked under. I guess pretty much all custom audio packages are missing. Plus some textures (zombie and ct win overlay at least). 

./quake/standard/
./hitmarker/

• Management
9 hours ago, joe said:

Thanks. Most of the spam is gone with that and I don't think it will crash any longer due to it. There's still more audio packages missing which I marked under. I guess pretty much all custom audio packages are missing. Plus some textures (zombie and ct win overlay at least). 

./quake/standard/
./hitmarker/

If you are playing on the zombie revival server im unsure if it has quake and hitmarker sounds if not try joining on our zombie escape server and get the files from there.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hobbitten said:

If you are playing on the zombie revival server im unsure if it has quake and hitmarker sounds if not try joining on our zombie escape server and get the files from there.

Solely playing on zombie escape, sorry forgot to mention that. Haven't even tried zombie revival.

• 2 months later...

I solved it. The problem was in the game settings. In Multiplayer tab game settings you have to "Allow all downloads from servers". I had "do not download custom sounds" and for some reasons that caused the crash. How can this affect the game so badly?

Well Thank you all...

• Super 1