!!! Hobbitten's Discord account has been compromised !!!

kashi

Hi guys, long time no see. Been super busy lately.

Anyways, recently I was contacted by Hobbitten's Discord account (Hobbitten#8693) about downloading a game to "test it". I was sent a URL to a website containing a virus download. 

This "hacker" may try to manipulate you by using information from your chat history with Hobbitten to make themselves seem like the real Hobbitten. 

DO NOT CLICK ON THE URL THEY SEND YOU

That's all, thank you for your attention. Long live zombie escape!

Edited by kashi
  • Wow 5

2 hours ago, Hobbitten said:

Thanks for making the post so fast. Keep in mind I would never type like this to anyone.

you would never say 'how are you?' or 'i hope you're doing well'?

thats unfitting behaviour for a manager!

• Homiekiss 1

10 hours ago, Life is a Bitch said:

You would have replied to one question not need to ask it 4 times

by the way what do you think of planeshifter that 3?

It was out of personal interest. I wondered how far he'd go to try and impersonate someone, so I was curious as to what he would respond with.

43 minutes ago, Verdessence said:

i still dont get why people fall for this

Apparently, the malware they use to grab your passwords once you download and install their "game" costs hundreds. So enough people fall for it to make that money back.

• Like 1

• Management

So I guess its time to give a little statement upon it all.

My discord account is still locked to this day as I am awaiting discord support "so fast" but here is also a little reason why It seemed so legit.

The account which sent me the link and the little startup script was done with correct grammar of danish and that account he sent from was from an irl friend of mine who I knew since primary school. We made some video games together and playtested etc etc before so I didnt think much of it this time as this was common for us to playtest and talk about video games etc.

So thats the real reason why I fell in as everything seemed so perfect. I have learned from my mistake and I am now aware that this is also a way of scamming which I have never seen from any my 20+ scam links I get daily for my discord and steam account where I have large amount of money in skins "dragon lore, Howl, Knifes" etc you get the point.

This just proves that everyone can fall in these traps and we now sadly have to be even more careful these days. I wish you all the best and if you know anyone who fell in the trap of my messages please do the following below.

If you did get hacked through my message you will sadly have to fully wipe your ssd, harddrives etc and reinstall a new windows as his file contains malware that infects your windows aswell with backdoors, keylocker, a remote control system. Also block your credit cards which you have used to connected accounts as he will charge large sums of money.

• Like 4

• Management
14 hours ago,  Malala  said:

i don't get it he had complete access to nide and he just wanted a measly 50 euros for a discord account that is worth nothing/??????

Well he didnt know he first later found out. Rognus, Hobgoblin and inGame was fast to react after I messaged them on steam. Hobgoblin and rognus was banned when they made the post

• Wow 1

• Developer
17 hours ago,  Malala  said:

i don't get it he had complete access to nide and he just wanted a measly 50 euros for a discord account that is worth nothing/??????

All infos related to NiDE was checked and updated. No issues related to that. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hobbitten said:

Well he didnt know he first later found out. Rognus, Hobgoblin and inGame was fast to react after I messaged them on steam. Hobgoblin and rognus was banned when they made the post

what an idiot, could've held nide hostage and decided to hold a discord account hostage :steamfacepalm:

• Management
On 5/9/2023 at 9:15 AM,  Malala  said:

what an idiot, could've held nide hostage and decided to hold a discord account hostage :steamfacepalm:

I mean he is turkish from ankara

• Wow 1