Changes required for banning system regarding cheaters.

maso

I have seen recently that a lot of people who cheat on ZE or ZR are never banned for a sensible length of time and it bothers me, as it bothers any normal player. If you cheat, you break the rules of server, and you get punished. But what I don't understand is why these cheaters get off so lightly. 

Nide's current Anti-Cheat will only ban bhop cheaters for 1 hour and 12 minutes. I can see why this is a short amount of time, in case there are false flags and a player is wrongly banned. But I have never seen a legit player get flagged and banned by the anti cheat. With a quick check of Sourcebans, you will see '1 hour, 12 minutes' repeated in the ban logs, and after checking some people who had these bans, you will see this.

cheater.thumb.png.d23c93012a45439d64cd35611ab299cb.png

The same player, banned 11 times, and the anti-cheat banned him 5 times, surely he should perma banned by now since he is obviously a cheater.

cheater2.thumb.png.ecf27f4076d79f50385781d0cdd11763.png

Yet another player who has been banned 3 times by the anti cheat for bhop cheating, and he still isn't perma.

cheater3.thumb.png.35c1ed005d79215d6347154d3d62ae1e.png

8 times this person was banned for having a cheat injected into his CSS, and he was only banned for 2 weeks.

I could find countless examples of these kinds of people cheating but you can look on Sourcebans, find someone who was banned for cheating recently, and he will probably have a history similar to these. Keep in mind that a lot of these players are nosteam, so they already don't care about CSS and couldn't care less if they got banned from a random server.

If you couldn't figure out what this thread is about by now, it's that the ban system needs to change. Surely there is a way for the anti-cheat to detect who has a history of cheating, and then just perma ban someone before they can cheat again. And the fact that the system only bans people for 1 hour for blatant cheating is absurd anyways, should have never let this situation get this bad. I am hoping that the admins on this server can also decide who is cheating and who isn't. 

unloze.png.ed939eed5b0446d89e364ec887de5e06.png

Look at our good friend Unloze, who has no shame in banning cheaters (why should there be, they broke the rules).

If someone really cared enough about ZE, they firstly would not cheat and secondly, they would appeal their ban. Just perma these cheaters already.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maso said:

But I have never seen a legit player get flagged and banned by the anti cheat

hyper and (\_N(<{['o']} _ {['o']}>)B_/)y got banned few times by anti cheat for bhop hack it happens
https://nide.gg/forums/topic/1293-false-bhop-hack-detection/

17 minutes ago, maso said:

Nide's current Anti-Cheat will only ban bhop cheaters for 1 hour and 12 minutes.

seems there is issue causing bhop ban duration to be the same as "cheat injected" ban duration

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Soul Of Sparta said:

hyper and (\_N(<{['o']} _ {['o']}>)B_/)y got banned few times by anti cheat for bhop hack it happens
https://nide.gg/forums/topic/1293-false-bhop-hack-detection/

I remember typing recently after this but it must have disapeered 👍

And this is also very unique circumstances

Edited by maso

• Developer

To understand the logic behind ban lengths, you also need to understand how the plugin works and which method will be used to enforce the ban.

The length of bans depends on the specific case.
For instance, consider the case of IP bans. What happens if you ban a public IP or a VPN IP used by multiple players?
You might end up mistakenly banning several innocent players who have never cheated.
You can also do the same with SteamID spoofing.

The decision to apply permanent bans is a community management choice on how to handle cheating players.
On NiDE, we believe, in most cases, everyone deserves a second chance.
That's why we reset bans every year.

What would be the point of applying permanent bans if we are committed to giving players another opportunity?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, .Rushaway said:

On NiDE, we believe, in most cases, everyone deserves a second chance.

I can see why 2nd chances are important, but letting people get banned for the same reason for cheating 8 times doesn't really seem reasonable. If people are getting banned this frequently for the same thing, then they obviously don't care enough about the server if they got perma banned.

• Developer

I think you did not get why, as I said, SteamID can be spoofed, so let's say someone spoof your steamid, I perm ban it, you are banned even if it was not you.
Same goes for public/VPN IP. 

• Like 2

What are the chances that you get spoofed in 2024. 
and unloze does IP bans, and they don’t have any problems. And last time I checked, you don’t need a vpn to play. If people are falsely banned, they can just appeal if they are sincere

• Developer

Honestly, if someone target you for spoofing your @ maso  you will change your mind so quickly.
You think they don't have any problems, you don't know how many players are blocked to join without be the original player who's getting banned.

What will be real percent of players who gonna come on forums to appeal the false ban? 5% ? 10% ? If you are lucky yes... But you lost 90% of these players aswell... 

If you think you don't need a VPN to play, you're excluding a lot of countries who use VPN to play like they need. So they will not stay.

Honnestly we can talk during hours of mananagement directory between NiDE and Unloze...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bro do you know about swatting in USA  @ maso   . Those "neckbeards" can literally spoof your phone number , to make it appear that the emergency call is coming from your phone ( victim’s phone)  . If  your phone number and adress leaks in the web . Then you got "real" swat team coming to your residence with guns and etc's ,the cops can fire  , throw grenades and so on  .  and can get bloody bathroom like my nick in game BlooD .......  That is not "troll" or "prank" . That's they being nasty neckbeard ass*ole . Same goes for like Rushaway said Public IP/VPN IP and SteamID

Edited by MichaeL

I started this thread to try and talk sense into some admins and now I have some retard telling me about swatting. I rly doubt that Mohamed from Algeria will spoof my phone number and spoof me because he was perma banned from a random CSS server. The people who cheat do not care about ze at all so there is no problem in banning them. And I don't get what you are trying to say with IP bans. This server does not have IP bans as far as I am aware so I'm not sure why you are talking about it. If you were really worried about losing player base they you would ban the cheaters perma.

I thank koen for trying to take a step forward and perma ban a cheater since this is the only way to try and stop the cheater problem. if a cheater sees that they only got banned for 1 hour then they will not care and will re-offend the next time they play.

@ MichaeL no idea what you are trying to prove or say. No one will swat someone on css and i really doubt police will throw grenades into someone's house if they just called 911 🤣 retard.

@ .Rushaway I appreciate that you want to try and consolidate people who are from asia, but letting cheaters off the hook this easily isn't really going to last long term

Posted (edited)

@ maso  why are insulting me , without any reason bro . I'm trying to say is it EASY to spoof someone public IP and steam ID and be falsely banned  . Rushaway has stated clearly and you're continue to talk about  perma ban bro . I am giving you an EXAMPLE how is easy to impersonate someone else  . Chill out bro . They know what are doing . Stop acting like you know 

Edited by MichaeL
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nosteamers can be spoofed, Steam player spoofing is prevented.

Edited by Neon
  • Like 1

• Event Manager
11 hours ago, Kamisama Kaneki said:

@ Neon since when ? Im a steam Player and i got spoofed before on nide 

Me too, and also banned someone that shared the same steamID with others and i ended up banning like 5 players because of that..
It's hard to ban nosteam cheaters, they will eventually come back with different steamid/IP

• Like 1

• Developer
On 5/25/2024 at 2:10 PM, maso said:

This server does not have IP bans as far as I am aware so I'm not sure why you are talking about it.

At this moment of writting, 300+ bans performed was IP bans since 2024/01/01.
You just don't saw the difference on sourcebans.

On 5/25/2024 at 2:10 PM, maso said:

I thank koen for trying to take a step forward and perma ban a cheater since this is the only way to try and stop the cheater problem. if a cheater sees that they only got banned for 1 hour then they will not care and will re-offend the next time they play.

He banned the account for cheat + avoid ban with alt account, was not related to only cheating..

And yes @ Neon  is right, their is a system in place to prevent that now, but that does not mean nobody can't find a way to spoof you with another method. Some players are creative.. 

@ Kamisama Kaneki A first fix was 8 months ago and anothers fix come 3 month ago. 

• Like 2
  • Homiekiss 1

Posted (edited)

@ .Rushaway   I don't know as much as you about spoofing  , correct me if I am wrong . But is there always loopholes ? I mean to  bypass specific system . Because if wasn't  the case they will be no spoofing at all , and hackers will be more caught. ?

Edited by MichaeL