Remove some "Hard maps" from time restriction.

Yudi

• Server Admin

There has been some issues regarding map variety in the server (especially in NA times) where there's too many hard maps are overplayed (randomizer notorious example) due to the lack of options to play other hard maps, as i haven't been a lot active in the server i don't know the reasoning behind making them on time restriction besides the fact that they can "nuke the server" because they're too hard, but what if the server is full and the team is good and capable of beating such maps? we only depend on 1-2 person to be able to nominate them and big chances that they could be unavailable, another reason probably is the fact that the maps could easily be wasted if an empty server happens to go for those maps, but that issue can easily be solve if you increase the min amount of players to play the map (like 50+ players for example), and what that does is it makes it impossible for people to learn hard maps if they never get to play them, i see so many good hard maps in the nomlist that are never played and i would say a lot of people are missing out on those, you might say "Well u can play them on EU times bro!!!", well the big issue is that on EU times there's another problem which is "map f**gots" which you all already know, they always play the same map they love and they never try to attempt playing new maps unless they have laser or balls everywhere. 

As an example, yesterday we have beaten a very hard map (GoT_the_North) with a very good team and leader, server was 64/64 and everyone was playing well, me as a Trial admin wanted to give a try to playing the map ze_temple_raider_b4, i made a vote for it and it got 67% for "yes" but there was a problem, i couldn't nominate it due to it being on time restriction and the next 2 maps we ended up playing crazy_escape and then..., you guessed it, randomizer, and the team made it to 90% which is one of the hardest maps to beat, and probably harder than majority of the maps i listed below on my list.

Also one thing i don't understand is the fact that some of the maps that are available (fapescape,sky athletic,randomizer), are on the same caliber in terms of difficulty as the time restricted ones (ancient,castlevania,skyrim) yet why are the former available and the latter aren't? i fail to see the reasoning there.

I think allowing those maps to be played could really be challenging for the server if we get to play them once in a while and see how we could face the maps and see whether they like the maps or not in case the server is full and the team is willing to play new difficult maps that are rarely touched.

I will give list showing the maps that i personally know that are in time restriction:

>>Public Nomlist<<:

ze_bit

ze_Ancient_Wrath

ze_ashen_keep

ze_castlevania_v1_3

ze_frostdrake_tower

ze_fiendlordkeep

ze_journey

ze_kitchen

ze_l0v0l

ze_paper_escaper

ze_Pidaras

ze_predator_ultimate

ze_shaurma

ze_slender_escape

ze_tesv_skyrim

ze_UT2004_Convoy

>>Admin nomlist<<:

ze_Infected_Sewers

ze_aesthetic

ze_bioshock

ze_christmas_infection

ze_dark_souls

ze_fapescape_rote

ze_harry_potter

ze_jjba

ze_johnny_nukem

ze_lms

ze_lotr_minas_tirith

ze_sandstorm

ze_santassination

ze_temple_raider

Those are the maps that i know that could be very fun to play, and they reward teamplay and a lot of zombie shooting, no lasers, no balls, no offlining and no selfish soloing.

If any of you could provide a convincing reason why i might be wrong on my take i would gladly listen to it and discuss about it.

• Like 8
  • Homiekiss 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super 1

How the f*ck ancient wrath and ashen keep are time restricted?

Release my fav maps please! ψ`ー´)ノ

Also wtf about Castlevania, known to be one of the hardest map to beat, is on public nomination, but fapescape which is kinda mid in term of difficulty is on admin nomination? 

That make no sens at all.

On Unloze we had (maybe we still have, idk) a restriction about FF map, you could not make a daily FF marathon. Even tho it's a bit extrem we had to do this due to the ff fag, it was a nightmare tbh, FF mapS everyday and then they kill the server with a good minas tish*t or a paranoid.

Anyway Yudi I agree with you, if WE want the server to be better we need to stop playing easy baby map and surf maps over and over.

We struggle to beat mist please...

• Server Admin
4 minutes ago, ZeGaWa said:

Also wtf about Castlevania, known to be one of the hardest map to beat, is on public nomination, but fapescape which is kinda mid in term of difficulty is on admin nomination? 

That make no sens at all.

It's not fapescape btw it's fapescape_rote. the rote version is a pretty hardcore version and arguably harder than castlevania, the normal fapescape is public nomination.

Edited by Yudi

19 minutes ago, Yudi said:

It's not fapescape btw it's fapescape_rote. the rote version is a pretty hardcore version and arguably harder than castlevania, the normal fapescape is public nomination.

Yeah I know it's rote, but it's not that hard tbh, it's just some backpedal defense and that's it we beated it multiple times on Unloze.

Castlevania is much harder imo.

Just the tentacles part at the begining can be failed easily.

• Event Manager
3 hours ago, Yudi said:

Both of these maps were surprisingly beaten fairly quickly during an NA event so I'm sure if you have a couple of leaders and committed players they could definitely be played normally. 

I agree 100% on this matter its really boring playing the same maps over and over again and the na Team can be surprisingly good. I would also consider to move some maps from the admin nomlist to the public because there is no reason for like bioshock or sandstorm to be on admin nomlist i know those maps are challenging but with a leader its no diffrent from uchiha legacy or any Other map that needs a leader 

• Like 2

• CS:S ZE Server Manager

Hello there! it sound like a serious request so it's time to give a try! all theses maps got their respecting restrictions removed. i will keep an eye on what's happening on theses maps, if i see that the population drop a lot because of theses maps, the restrctions will back, i also decreased the time limit on theses maps to let players choose if they wants to extend or not. HF! kiss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Server Admin

I say un-restrict them all and we beat the sh*t out of all of them. Yudi is right. NA hours has a thirst to beat anything difficult 

• Like 3