Map Rotation for CSS ZE

Hi Nide,

Hope you are all doing well, I am making this forum post as a request to rotate certain versions to maps which have exciting, and interesting older versions which are currently underplayed, and seemingly unknown to much of the playerbase. After speaking with numerous players last night on ze_random_v10fix I came to realize that many of them hadn't played ze_random_v9, despite it being more popular on unloze than v10, and seemingly may not have known any surface level differences. I feel like a lot of older ze maps have interesting, unique, and significant gameplay changes which vary from the traditional versions that the nide community is used to. 

Through varying map choices and rotating, or at least switching for a time and seeing how the server reacts, I believe that the nide playerbase will benefit from a 'new' (well technically old) take on a lot of popular maps, whether that map emphasize team defending more (such as minas v2 emphasizing defending more than v3) or emphasize bhopping more (mount doom v3 which is a lot easier to bhop on than mount doom v4) I feel like these gameplay elements may serve to help the server improve their gameplay, vary up the gameplay, and keep a lot of the existing maps which are played frequently 'fresh'. Rather than playing minas marathon, or paranoid for the 1000th time, why not try something similar, but new? While a lot of these older maps are older for a reason, many of them are more enjoyable in some ways than more recent versions. As mentioned earlier random_v9 is a lot more popular on GFL css and Unloze than random_v10fix. 

I'm suggesting that the following maps be rotated in for one day out of the week, or potentially one week out of the month, or even just added to the public nomlist outright (for a trial period) so that they can be played and the nide playerbase may enjoy the challenge of maps they know, but with a different taste.

ze_random_v9 

ze_paranoid_ultimate_v10_4

ze_lotr_minas_tirith_v2_2fix

ze_ffvii_mako_reactor_v3_1 

ze_tesv_skyrim_v2_2fix  (or v3, but I don't know where a download is for it)

ze_lotr_mount_doom_v3 

ze_mountain_escape_bbo_v1  (this version used to be played a lot and is still fun, but I haven't seen it in years and can't see if it's still on the noms list as the link from ingame here: https://nide.gg/css_ze_maplist/ is down)

ze_ut2004_convoy_v2_1 (don't have a download link, but it's got a harder boss fight)

Please let me know what you all think, and I'd love to hear how the nide playerbase feels about these maps.  

• Like 2
  • Homiekiss 1
  • Super 1

• CS:S ZE Lead Server Admin
1 hour ago, willy wilson said:

Hi Nide,

Hope you are all doing well, I am making this forum post as a request to rotate certain versions to maps which have exciting, and interesting older versions which are currently underplayed, and seemingly unknown to much of the playerbase. After speaking with numerous players last night on ze_random_v10fix I came to realize that many of them hadn't played ze_random_v9, despite it being more popular on unloze than v10, and seemingly may not have known any surface level differences. I feel like a lot of older ze maps have interesting, unique, and significant gameplay changes which vary from the traditional versions that the nide community is used to. 

Through varying map choices and rotating, or at least switching for a time and seeing how the server reacts, I believe that the nide playerbase will benefit from a 'new' (well technically old) take on a lot of popular maps, whether that map emphasize team defending more (such as minas v2 emphasizing defending more than v3) or emphasize bhopping more (mount doom v3 which is a lot easier to bhop on than mount doom v4) I feel like these gameplay elements may serve to help the server improve their gameplay, vary up the gameplay, and keep a lot of the existing maps which are played frequently 'fresh'. Rather than playing minas marathon, or paranoid for the 1000th time, why not try something similar, but new? While a lot of these older maps are older for a reason, many of them are more enjoyable in some ways than more recent versions. As mentioned earlier random_v9 is a lot more popular on GFL css and Unloze than random_v10fix. 

I'm suggesting that the following maps be rotated in for one day out of the week, or potentially one week out of the month, or even just added to the public nomlist outright (for a trial period) so that they can be played and the nide playerbase may enjoy the challenge of maps they know, but with a different taste.

ze_random_v9 

ze_paranoid_ultimate_v10_4

ze_lotr_minas_tirith_v2_2fix

ze_ffvii_mako_reactor_v3_1 

ze_tesv_skyrim_v2_2fix  (or v3, but I don't know where a download is for it)

ze_lotr_mount_doom_v3 

ze_mountain_escape_bbo_v1  (this version used to be played a lot and is still fun, but I haven't seen it in years and can't see if it's still on the noms list as the link from ingame here: https://nide.gg/css_ze_maplist/ is down)

ze_ut2004_convoy_v2_1 (don't have a download link, but it's got a harder boss fight)

Please let me know what you all think, and I'd love to hear how the nide playerbase feels about these maps.  

+1, more variety is almost always a good thing.

We used to have random v9 (I think.. maybe it was v7?).  Not sure what happened to it, but I dont see it on the map list now - https://fastdl.nide.gg/css_ze/maps/

I support all your suggestions except mountain.. I dislike every version I've ever seen of that map xD

• CS:S ZE Lead Server Admin

Hello willy,

Ok if you come back as admin bro 😎. and for paranoid only add ultimate if we reduce cooldown on the last version of the map 🫣

Joke aside, some of the maps you mentioned where played few months before and we had the two randoms for example. Rotation was made for some maps also who have several versions…. i even remember years ago we had these 2 paranoid version for some time. But it is a good idea to bring more diversity (that NA had a lot lately playing less atix / nemesis maps). Server manager and staff are doing a huge work about that and this is good to point that good work that they made to bring more diversity to nide lately.

… Anyway I think since paranoid ultimate is very different from rezurection we shouldn’t share a cooldown between the 2. 🤓

Cheers,

• Super 1

Could be fun to play some older versions of some maps, but maybe they will need to be locked behind admin nomination only, at least for some

• Management

I highly doubt ze_ffvii_mako_reactor_v3_1  will work because of many crash issues and so on. This version is not optimal. We crashed even by doing a fun little oldschool event.

Old versions of maps can be dangerous to add as there is a reason for why a new version was made and that is usually because of edict crash or non fixable bugs that were present in the map and needed a recompile.

• Homiekiss 1

• Server Admin

Ban for suggesting mako??????

But yea, i like this idea, rotating in some good old maps that dont have lasers are always a great idea to me  

+1

General response:

Thank you all for getting back to me, glad to see others would be interested in varying up gameplay and I'm glad the suggestion seems to be going over well, I'd love to hear from Lardy and Koen what they think but my main goal here is to have a discussion and whole I'm advocating for me preferred maps I'm open to see if anyone else has any suggestions for old maps to play. My suggested maps are that, suggestions and so I'm not advocating just those maps. While selfishly I'd love to play random v9 and paranoid v10 (bird and turtle items are just the best thing ever) but I'm flexible and do hope anyone else who wants to offers old maps or versions that may also serve to invigorate the playerbase.

Individual responses:

Thanks Life, always appreciate seeing you as I don't see you much these days! A lot of that comes down to me being antisocial and busy with life I'm happy with two maps being in at the same time and just sharing a cool down and I think it's a great idea.

Also Hobitten, my apologies about Mako v3 hadn't realized it crashes the server. Ignore that one.

Regarding sticky and Mountain BBO, we don't have to do that one. There's a separate Sonaki version that was played a while ago on GFL and I don't have the file but I'm sure it's out there somewhere and it plays differently so may be worth a shot Sticky. 

Thanks everyone for getting back to me on this.

• Super 1

• Management

@ willy wilson

Seems like my ze server managers are busy lately. Are you able to contact me on discord and send me the links and bsps directly so we can upload and test them on our test server as they are old version.

This is my discord name 
_hobbitten